Monday, June 23, 2008

What to do when it is 108 degrees?


What to do when it is 108 degrees? Naturally, you build a model rocket and launch it. Yeah we are crazy! Record setting heat this weekend at 108 degrees. WOW. Jody bought Colton a $8.00 model rocket to build. The $8.00 rocket turns into a $75.00 rocket very quickly once you buy the launch pad, rocket engines, wadding, paint and glue. Thats Ok, Colton and I had a blast building it and we launched it over the weekend. His rocket reaches altitudes in excess of 1400 feet. How exciting. The last launch, the wind caught it once the chute opened, and it landed about 1/4 mile away. He also has a black one that is about 3 feet tall, it only goes about half the distance as the smaller one. I can remember building them when I was a kid. Everytime we launched one, I would hold my breathe, when the rocket peaks it will fall, then poof, the parachute opens up. I am always worried that the parachute won't open. For just one moment, thats all that matters in life, hoping the chute opens.

3 comments:

homecooks said...

Cool, sounds like fun!
Matt

thefwfoxes said...

Looks like we left Cali just in time! haha. We had such a good time with all of you. Hudson keeps saying "mike" and "jojo" all of the time and at random moments (in the car seat, eating lunch, etc.!)

homecooks said...

I like things that blow up!
MC